german character encoding sometimes wrong

Hi 2 all,

I'm new here and first of all, I want to thank you for CM-service! I think it's great and very easy to use.

As I'm located in Germany we have some special charaters like ä,ö,ü and ß even in our names.

Most times this is no problem with campaignmonitor, but in the subject of a campaign it is scrambled. As it is the Email-subject, I can't use the HTML-entities (e.g ü and ß) as I would do it in the HTML-part of the campaign itself.

Also in the subscriber list, these characters are scrambled what my customers are complaining about it.

I would love it, if this could be fixed.

best regards
Jean-Christoph

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

Hmm, has someone somewhere missed enforcing UTF-8 character encoding? It's present in CM's email headers, so no problem there. Parsing issue?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Niclas, 7 years ago

Hi!

I'm swedish and I get the same error! When a recipients company name include å ä ö and i use it for the subject line, the characters get messed up, å becomes =c3=a5.. Is there any way to work around this? Or is it a quick fix for the developers?

I mean, it works like a charm in the body, it's just the subject line that's messed up.. This to me looks like the error has been corrected once already!

Thanks in advance!

Niclas Lindqvist

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098