Single subscribe form feeding two lists in CM - possible?

Hi

I need to create a subscription form (double opt-in) on a client's website. Very straightforward with CM's 'create a subscribe form' code generator but I need to feed the subscription details into list 1 (general contacts) or list 2 (customer) depending on whether they select a check box to indicate if they're an existing customer.

The reason for wanting to do this is that we send two editions of an eNewsletter with one tailored for existing customers.

Can be done with one subscription page?

Thanks

Andy

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

We'd suggest approaching this slightly differently - have just one list, with a custom field that lets them choose whether they are a contact or customer. Then use segmenting to create the 2 sub lists based on the value of that field.

Simple and effective, only requires the one form.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Andy! Once you've created your two lists, go to the "Create a Subscribe Form" for one of them. Check off the other list under "2. Add an opt-in checkbox for other lists", and you're set.

Edit: Three weeks this goes unanswered, and suddenly Matt beats me to it by 14 minutes :) And with a better solution (although it requires some more work).

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
jtnorris, 8 years ago

I've got a similar situation where a client wants one form to feed to multiple lists.  I was actually planning on just having one list and using segmentation as mentioned above, but here's my dilemma: What if a subscriber wants to unsubscribe from just one of the mailings?  If it is just one list with segments and they unsubscribe, it will remove them from all mailings.  Any suggestions?

HellsBells, 8 years ago

Hi - is there an answer to jtnorris' problem with opting out of multiple lists?

Thanks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098