Required fields in subscription form

So far I love Campaign Monitor. Thanks for this excellent, well-designed product.

Currently I am finding that the only required field in the default subscription form is the email address.

1. Is it possible to make fields such as name required, or do we need to put in our own javascript programming to handle that?

2. Is there a way to have a custom error page so that the subscriber doesn't feel he/she has left the site?

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Pam, great to hear you're loving Campaign Monitor so far. If you'd like to add error checking to your subscribe forms, your options are either client-side checking with JavaScript (like you mentioned), or doing it server side and using our API to add the subscriber.

The API option would allow you to easily show your own custom error page if there is a problem with what your subscriber submits.

Pam1234, 8 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, Dave. I can see you are way smarter than me so wish me luck! :-)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free