Link activity report - labels?

Hi all,

I monitor the HTML Link Activity report in my campaigns, but because my URLs are quite long they are truncated and it takes a few clicks to get to the information on what particular item had been clicked on. Incidentally, the alt tag on graph rollover isn't quite long enough to inform me which particular item the link leads to.

Is it possible to either code in labels when setting up links in my email or to have the reporting to display <a>label</a> rather than the URL? Or is there another work-around?

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Hi Michael,

Right now there isn't a simple workaround for really long URL's, and I can see how this would be frustrating. One option is to add a title="" value showing the full URL to the "See who clicked" link. That way, each time you mouseover this we instantly show the full URL. Would that approach suit you?

michael, 9 years ago

That's perfect. I forgot about the "title" attribute, thanks.

A neat option might be to let the report reviewer choose whether to see the bar graph display the URL or <a>link text label</a>. Would be nice to have, but your solution is a good workaround for me.

PaulZ, 9 years ago
michael :

Hi all,

Is it possible to either code in labels when setting up links in my email or to have the reporting to display <a>label</a> rather than the URL? Or is there another work-around?

I second this. I would like the report to show my title tag. The url is too abstract.
I have seen another campaign provider who lets you prepend any link with your own tag and shows this on link activity reports.

Shouldn't be too difficult.

btw, I am using Mailbuild.

cheers,

Paul

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098