MB features well short of CM

I realise the rpoduct differentiation, but due to competition, I feel that some of the features available in CM really should be added to MB nowadays.

The main ones in order of priority would be:

1. Personalize the content for each recipient
2. Run your email though spam filters before you send it
3. Comprehensive design testing

I am testing MB right now, and very suprised the clients have no easy way to personalise the emails with the basics like name (split into firstname lastname), and for B"B company name or other custom fields.
If this is possible and I have missed it, it probably because not indicated during campaign creation?

What are your plans (roadmap) for MB features?
Thanks for listening, I'm just trying to make sure I comit my efforts to a product that will give my clients the best for the long-term rather than switching shortly after launch. :-)

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Hi Vince,

We're certainly committed to increasing the features in MB to match the offering in CM where it makes sense. For the features you mentioned, you can actually already personalize content in MB, but it's just not as easy as it could be. To make this very simple for your clients (being able to add this from the WYSIWYG editor for example), we'd have to switch things around so they select the list they want to sent to before they add the content.

In terms of the spam/design testing, we didn't anticipate that many clients would be interested in this feature since the design won't change much after the initial template has been created by yourself which we imagined would be manually tested across the major clients.

I've added your requests for these features to our internal feature request list which basically is our roadmap - we work down this list adding features that have been requested the most. So I encourage all others who feel a feature is missing, whether it be in CM or not, to speak up and let us know so we can make sure we spend our time building what you want.

vince, 8 years ago

Thanks Ben.
I feel the ability to allow clients to insert personalisations is an absolute must, as other competitors already offer this feature. Active clients would soon get anoyed having to contact us each time they want to add a field to a template, and also needed to go with the overall objective of MB ("They can do it all themselves: Empower your clients ..."), instead of CM

I may have to put my launch plans to use MB on hold until this feature is available.
Thanks again for listening.

style campaign style campaign, 8 years ago

The first mailbuild template I designed was all wrong I admit it :) I do most of my work with Campaign Monitor...

I just assumed you could use multiple repeater tags - I later found out that you can only have one repeater tag per template. Fortunately I was able to make a save after a few adjustments by using individual item tags but it made the template less flexible.

I emailed support at the time but just in case my No.1 mailbuild feature request did not get logged - Multiple Repeater tags please!

I would like to see personalization also as I always see a rise in open rates when I use a persons name in the subject line - however this is not a deal breaker for me.....

I would like to test my designs in different email clients though, the last mailbuild template I designed I ran it through the Campaign Monitor email client and spam test before stripping out the content and adding in the mailbuild tags. I am not sure if this is any kind of work around? ( you have to have a CM account to do this)

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Anna, rest assured that we hear you guys loud and clear on multiple repeater and design and spam testing support.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free