Getting Started with a Free Campaign Monitor Newsletter Template

This is my first experience customizing one of the free Campaign Monitor templates. I am not a designer or web coder.  What tools do I need to get this done and and where specifically do I need to go to get them? I work off a Mac and have IWeb. Can I use this software to customize and edit a campaign monitor template an ongoing basis? Do I need so other type of software to customize my newsletter and edit it on an ongoing basis?  Do I need to hire a designer to customize this template?

JonJoyce, 5 years ago

The templates are just html files so any text based file editor / html editor will do...

If you wanted to edit the images you will need Photoshop to be able to edit the .psd files included with the free templates (Or hire someone to make the edits for you).

Jonathon Joyce
Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Check out for our guide to using the templates, it links you to a few HTML editors too.

iWeb won't work though, because it doesn't let you edit the HTML code directly. You'd be best off getting a designer to set up a template or two as a one off job, and go from there.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free