MailChimp move up free plan to 2000 subscribers... and CM?

MailChimp today has lunched new free plan 2000 subscribers, completely free (possibile send 12,000 emails per month to a list of 2,000).

How much longer CampaignMonitor can remain silent before all their customers go away?

It's impossibile for us reseller offer the same plan to $30, and the others at twice the price (25,001 - 50,000 with CM is $500, with MC only 240).

michele, 5 years ago
michele :

same plan to $30, and the others at twice the price (25,001 - 50,000 with CM is $500, with MC only 240).

$30 + profit for the reseller

Dave Dave, 5 years ago

Michele, thanks for the continued questions about our pricing. As we've mentioned to you a few times in the past, we allow you to create an extremely simple process for your clients to manage their own email marketing where you get paid in the process.

If your client is not comfortable spending $15-$30/month for an extremely easy to use email newsletter system that has been tailored to their needs, then it might be the case that they aren't of great value to you no matter how they send their campaigns, and they are better off using a much more complex but free alternative.

michele, 5 years ago
Dave :

Michele, thanks for the continued questions about our pricing...

Yes, I am a mangy…

Dave is not a problem of easy or powerful email marketing use (CampaignMonitor is the best), is a problem about the profit that the reseller send you and what comes back to us.

I think that CM should be create a discount for webagency (30/40%) to allow us to be more competitive.

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Hey Michele,

We do appreciate that for some clients price is the only factor, and we've often said Campaign Monitor is not ever going to be the cheapest choice for every case, or match other companies pricing.

On the other hand, you may have noticed our blog post recently; We've returned over $5 million dollars in profit to web designers over the last few years. So clearly there are a lot of agencies and designers who are able to charge above our base rates. Being more competitive does not necessarily mean being cheaper.

So while changes in the pricing aren't something we're planning we are keen on help people in your position who are finding it hard to make sales be able to more clearly present their case.

That could mean more resources for you to explain how Campaign Monitor works better for their needs, or how your skills and experience with Campaign Monitor will help them save time and money.

It might be sales materials you can use in your pitches, or manuals and documents you can offer to help your clients get up to speed quickly. It could be advice from our other customers on how they approach the process of finding and pitching new clients.

Cutting the price is never going to be the best long term solution - there will always be a cheaper option. After all, plenty of people use their own desktop email program to send email for 'free'.

We'd rather help you charge a rate that is fair, that your clients find gives them good value and that still gives you a decent cut, and a rate that supports us in continuing to make Campaign Monitor easier and better.

Perhaps you'd like to help us out by explaining what (other than price) might help you convert more prospects into customers. I'd love to hear your ideas as well as suggestions from other people reading this thread.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
barney.hall, 5 years ago

I get the whole add value thing and normally I'd agree that you don't want to fight on price alone.

However, your reseller prices are closer to the end-user prices charged by comparable systems. Being that your market are your resellers, a little more room in margins would make all the difference to your customers ability to make a profit when selling your system. Quite often we have to give our clients support using the system and I'm sorry no one does this for love alone.

I also think you're lucky that folk are giving you this *continued* feedback - they're obviously very loyal to you.

michele, 5 years ago
Mathew :

We do appreciate that for some clients price is the only factor, and we've often said Campaign Monitor is not ever going to be the cheapest choice for every case, or match other companies pricing..

Ok, ok... I promise, I will not talk more than lower prices... :-)

Perhaps you're right ... indeed nobody, on this forum, require discounts or reply my posts

The problem is that in Italy we have a serious economic crisis, and make more money has become a necessity to survive... but probably in Australia is different

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Barney and Michele,

It is not that you can't ask for lower prices; you are welcome to and we do take it on board. It is more that since we aren't planning any price changes, and you are keen to use Campaign Monitor, it would be great if you can give us some help to help you do that.

There are many people successfully selling Campaign Monitor at the current prices, and you could too, but you might need some help. If you have any thoughts in that area, it would help us to make that happen for you.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098