Well this is an new nervous breakdown to have!
I am sending my client test emails from Campaign Monitor and he is getting only partial downloads of the images. Like, maybe a 4th of each will download.
I don't let CM store my images for me, I hard-code a full URL path to all my images, so they always reference images on my own hosted domain.
The weird thing is I have sent him some old emails just to test, and they come through fine!
Can you please post your code so we can take a look?
Are you able to reproduce this problem yourself?
Has your client tried looking at the newer emails in a different email client? Same result?
It may be best you email support so we can take a look at your account too.
Actually, we found the culprit to be this snippet of code:
...which we were using (as discovered on these forums) as a method to control line-height in Outlook. When we stripped that code out, the images downloaded fine.
It may be because I place most of my CSS in <td> tags, not paragraphs. Perhaps placing mso-line-height-rule:exactly; in the <td> tags caused the images in those table cells to not align correctly and appear partially downloaded. I'm not sure.
Nice find! Thanks for letting us know.
From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.Get started for free