Speed issues

Our createsend domain is loading extremely slowly, to the extent that images hosted on http://i8.createsend.com are timing out.

Are there any server / maintenance issues I should be aware of? I'd rather not send out an email if the hosted images are going to timeout.

JD JD, 5 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch. There is no server/maintenance issues at the moment. However, we did respond to your support request with a few questions to possibly help pinpoint the issues you are seeing. Thanks!

JD
Campaign Monitor Support
eaglegrl, 5 years ago

Really?? No problems?

I would say slow like MOLASSAS!!!   

I am attempting to work with a text only version, where a new page is taking over a minute to open (this page took 1:14...yes i timed it, your homepage...regular campaignmonitor.com took 2 min. 37 seconds to load a text only version)

This is on multiple browsers, multiple machines.

It is REALLY difficult to send an email thru your system, when i have to a) wait over a minute for each page to load and b) decipher a text based version of my email setup.

HELP!!! PLEASE FIX IT!!! this is the second time in a week that this has occurred. Last week it was an entire day, i cannot leave it like last week and must send emails today.

davidaf davidaf, 5 years ago

Hmmm, are you both still experiencing issues? What area are you in, it may be an issue with the CDN in your area.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
eaglegrl, 5 years ago

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

and yup still having issues. Only having trouble with your site tho...

purplecircle, 5 years ago

In Nottingham, England UK.

Abandoned sending anything yesterday seeing as my query was not addressed for over 7 hours. I have to send for a client today so I guess it's a case of crossing my fingers that they don't get bombarded with timeouts.

eaglegrl, 5 years ago

Well the same as last week, the problem seemed to rectify itself overnight.

Sadly, I am drawing a blank as to whether it was tuesday or wednesday last week when it happened...perhaps its a tuesday thing??

At any rate, would be great if it doesnt happen again, since it only seems to fix itself overnight, that means an entire day blown!

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Hi,

These ones are really tricky, because the problem does not seem to be on our end, all our monitoring shows normal behaviour and we don't get reports from other customers at the same time of slowness.

It can sometimes be a problem between you and our servers somewhere, or you and our content delivery network, but to narrow it down we'd need you to contact support at the time it is happening to run a few tests.

Purplecircle, sorry for your trouble. It looks from our records like we never received your first emails. The first one we got, we responded to within an hour (and then we received a second one in between), but obviously that doesn't help you.

We can't replicate any problem with support emails not reaching us, but please let us know if you ever get an error from the contact form, for example.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
eaglegrl, 5 years ago

Happening again. Tho this time over 5 minutes to PARTIALLY load a text only version.

Emailed Support team.

HELP!!

eaglegrl, 5 years ago

Hold the phone..actually unable to send email to support.

aspx link on "send it" button not functioning. (coming up as http://ducks.createsend.com/help/contact.aspx# which of course means instead of sending, merely bounces it to the top of the page)

Please email me using the email on my forum account

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

It sounds like you have some issues going on there for sure - the contact link is working fine on our side (and we're getting plenty of support emails from all over the world through it). So it seems to be isolated in some way to your machine, location, ISP or network.

I can see we have already responded to a support email from you today though, so hopefully that will give us the details we need to help you out.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Yet again we're having issues with images loading - I'm getting timeouts now whilst trying to preview campaigns.

Last email we sent a number of recipients also experienced timeouts.

These ones appear to be hosted on i7 (it was i8 before)

This is embarrassing.

Is there any way to host images elsewhere or do we have to stick to the automatically generated links?

Really does look bad when you send the client a final email to sign off and the images don't load.

Next issue - there seems to be a delay upon updating the HTML for the email.

When I update HTML and preview the email in browser it reads fine, when I send a preview email it is still using the out of date HTML.

How long should I expect to wait till the updated HTML flows through the system so I can send to client for signoff?

Fair enough, I'll just tell the client it must be an issue at our end. And their end. And their clients' ends. I'm sure they'll be satisfied with that response.

Carissa Carissa, 5 years ago

Hi purplecircle, thank you for sending an email into support. I've just responded back to you as it does seem to be an issue with your ISP and our CDN. We'll wait for your response over email once you can get some more details for us.

Carissa
Campaign Monitor

Is there any particular reason this issue only happens with your site?

Seems odd that the same issue would be the same for us, our client, and our clients' clients, all of whom are using different ISPs. I can't really ask our client to ask their clients to do a traceroute to diagnose, can I?

For future reference, Is there any way to host images elsewhere or do we have to stick to the automatically generated links? Is there any way to at least host the images for the web-version elsewhere?

Really does look bad when you send the client a final email to sign off and the images don't load.

Hello?

Is anyone there?

davidaf davidaf, 5 years ago

Hi purplecircle, this came down to some hardware issues that we were able to fix, so it was a temporary problem that should not return. We understand that this is embarrassing and looks bad with your client, we really do apologize, we do everything we can to avoid these issues in the first place, and fix them as quickly as possible when they do crop up.

You can host your own images, if you like, following the instructions here.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098