Customfields in flash

How can I successfully tansfer data form my flash form to customfields I've setup in Mailbuild?

What I want to do is expand from the example giving in the latest API flash example (name, email) to include other fiedls , such as address or city.

There is no problem with the naming of the new fields in my actionscript but things break down when I try to call them into their respected new fields in mailbuild.

Any help with this would be great.

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

Hi spherika,

What exactly is going wrong - is the flash just not passing the customefield values across and the rest is entering fine? Or is an error code returning?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
kalimah, 8 years ago

I'm having problems with flash and cusom fields as well. Everything seems to work out fine, the following message is returned after i make the SOAP request:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="" xmlns:xsi="" xmlns:xsd=""><soap:Body><Subscriber.AddWithCustomFieldsResponse xmlns=""><Subscriber.AddWithCustomFieldsResult><Code>0</Code><Message>Success</Message></Subscriber.AddWithCustomFieldsResult></Subscriber.AddWithCustomFieldsResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Success in other words, but the confirmation email is not sent to the person who's signing up. Is there some account setting that i've missed?

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Unfortunately at Freshview we don't have Flash skills ourselves - very generous customers have provided the Campaign Monitor Flash API sample, but we don't have the same detailed sample for MailBuild yet.

Any Flash developers out there with some skills to help?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free