Certain text in FF+MSN/Hotmail coming up extremely small.

I am having an issue that has arisen that shows the font size on a price in our email as being about 10px, when it is coded to be 40px.  This only happens on MSN/Hotmail on a firefox and only to the price, everything else on the page is the correct font size. Now I wrap other stuff on the page the same way and it is not resizing any of the other elements on the page, but I am wondering if font-weight, which is unique to this text is somehow making it shrink on firefox.

Has anyone else ran into any problems with font size in Hotmail on a Firefox?

code in question below
<td align="left" valign="bottom" style="font-family:'Adobe Caslon Pro', AGaramondPro, Times, serif; color:#be882f; font-size:40px; line-height:36px !important; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #555555; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px;"><a title="Click here for more info" href="##link" style="color:#be882f; text-decoration: none;"><span style="color:#be882f; font-weight:550;">1,150</span></a>...

matthewlarsen, 5 years ago

I just found out through some more testing that the span tag seems to be reseting the font size somehow, not sure yet, but I simply added the font-size to the span tags as well as the table tag, but the thing that is still confusing me is why is it only happening on this one in being reset, has anyone seen anything like this yet?  Coudl teh 40px size be a threshold that triggered the font-size reset through the span tag?

<td align="left" valign="bottom" style="font-family:'Adobe Caslon Pro', AGaramondPro, Times, serif; color:#be882f; font-size:40px; line-height:36px !important; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #555555; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><a title="Click here for more info" href="##link" style="text-decoration: none;"><span style="color:#be882f; font-size:40px; font-weight:550;">1,150</span></a>....

It fixed the issue, but it still seems like it is a redundancy I wish I did not need to do if I set the font size on the table tag.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098