Reselling CM

Hi,
I love the reselling setup of MailBuild, but customers want the flexibility and power of Campaign Monitor.

What are the chances of this being a possibility soon, as competition is getting better than the MailBuild offering all the time?

Many thanks,

- Vince

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi Vince. In our experience, most designer's clients need a simple tool for delivering their own great looking email newsletters to their clients. This is the feedback we've consistently been getting from MailBuild customers. Of course there are edge cases where a client might want to do advanced segmentation and targeting, or maybe import their own HTML, but that's not the market we're trying to cater to.

We deliberately keep MailBuild a simple application to use because it's being used by all walks of life, not just savvy designers and email marketers.

Campaign Monitor on the other hand is built for designers that send their own campaigns or send on behalf of their clients. It's these customers that need the advanced features and the ability to manage all their clients from a single login.

We do understand that there is some cross over there and some clients might get too advanced for MailBuild. We're OK with that. If we try to please everybody we'll end up with a hard to use product that doesn't suit anyone.

Of course, I'd love to know sorts of "flexibility and power" you're referring to. We keep track of all MailBuild feature requests and consider every customer suggestion.

vince, 8 years ago

Hi Dave,
I understand your reasons fully, and although a few more features in MailBuild would be welcome, in this instance my question was specifically asking about the possibility for "reselling CampaignMonitor" for those clients that do want the full set of features this offers.

We can still offer them assistance as an added value, but many do really want some of the CM features now - again because of competitors offerings. I think it would benefit all of us to be able to offer both from the start.

Customers would then be more comfortable knowing they could 'upgrade' from simple (MB) to full monty (CM) at any time they need or outgrow the simple version rather than going with a competitor for the same reasons.

Hope I've clarified my point better.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Thanks for the additional clarification Vince, we'll certainly take your points into account.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098