Problem with text width.

I'm pretty new at html. So, this may be an easy fix?

I've designed a relatively simple email template. I have two images that are side by side that have a width of 350 each. Directly under the two images I have two areas of text. I want the text to remain within the width of the two images.

Here is the code I'm currently working with:

<center>
        <br/>

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#ffffff" background="bgcolor="#ffffff"" cellpadding="0" width="700" >
                            <tr>
                                <td style="padding: 10px 25px 0 32px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #303030;">

<$description default='<p>{padding: 10px; border: 10px solid black;} Enter your text here. Or you can delete this text and leave it blank.</p>    '$>   

</td>

<table cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#ffffff" background="bgcolor="#ffffff"" cellpadding="0" width="700" >
                            <tr>
                                <td style="padding: 10px 25px 0 32px; font-family: Arial Bold, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; color: #303030;">
                                <center></center>                               
                                <$description default='<p>Enter your email, url, and phone number. Or you can delete this text and leave it blank.</p>    '$>   
                                </center>

</td>

<br/>   

This works how I want it to in Safari and Firefox. However, in gmail it makes the width of the text very small and very long. In aol mail it makes the text go past the width of the two images. 

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Chris

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098