Facebook link for mobile devices

Hi, I'm new here, and I apologize if this question has already been asked. I was testing a client's email on an iPhone and noticed when I click on the link to a Facebook page (i.e. facebook.com/brandnamegoeshere), it redirects to touch.facebook.com, and I'm prompted to log in. I found the same to be true on an Android phone. Is there a way to stop this from happening on a mobile device? Or is it a setting on the device itself to always detect a mobile site?

Any help is appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Kristina

Carissa Carissa, 5 years ago

Hi Kristina,

I just sent myself 2 test emails, one for a company specific page and one for a personal page. I wasn't directed to touch.facebook.com when I clicked the link in my iPhone. Instead, Safari opened to the facebook.com/brandname or facebook.com/person. The code I used for the link was real basic -

<a href="https://www.facebook.com/brandname">Facebook Link</a>

I wonder if it's got something to do the code you are using. Could you show us?
If you'd rather you can send it to support@campaignmonitor.com and we'll be happy to help you further over email.

Carissa
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098