Converting a template from CM to Constant Contact

Hello... I feel slightly dirty writing this, and i will start by saying how much i currently despise Constant Contact.

A job has come through to us to create an email template, great... done, but done for CM, which i was lead to believe to be the platform we were going ahead with.

Now it transpires that Constant Contact is to be used... I have so far spent a number of hours looking into the system (as i have zero experience with it) trying to make the damn thing work, and whilst partly successful i'm now starting to struggle to find articles / help on the process by which i can tag repeating elements etc.

I would be grateful if anyone has any guides or links to guides that they might be willing to share.

In the mean time i will be trying to convince them that CC is a bad idea...

Many Thanks

Stig Stig, 5 years ago

Hi Richard,

Constant Contact support will likely have more details, but these are some articles I found that might be of help:

Using my own custom email design
Guidelines for designing custom HTML emails
How should I design a custom XHTML email?

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Richard.Wendon Richard.Wendon, 5 years ago

Hi Stig, thanks for this... had already found those, but thank you for your assistance.

Unfortunately because they offer design as a service they are loathed to help with code that isn't their own.

Stig Stig, 5 years ago

Hi Richard,

Right, I see - that does make it tricky. I'm not sure if they're easy to find, but if you can get a hold of the source code of an existing CC template, you could try a bit of reverse engineering. I'm sure there's also others in here who have experience with coding CC templates, so hopefully someone will be able to assist.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Richard.Wendon Richard.Wendon, 5 years ago

Agreed... kinda what I am looking for... Ive been mucking around with their templates... but they seem to lock it down somewhat... and you edit within CC... makes reverse engineering hard.

Hopefully the community here may have some exp i can borrow.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098