Link within email to optin for new products

Hi

I want to send a email out, that markets a new upcoming product. I want to send the new information to people who want the information and optin.

Wondering how I can create a very simple link in a email, that updates a custom field that says "please send me info X"

I've done it before with emaillabs using a form, but forms are a hassle.

Thanks

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

hi htbub,

a similar, if not identical, feature is discussed in this thread - this should cover all you need :)

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
htdub, 8 years ago

Thanks Stormy

That is the way I did it for the campaign, but I can't seem to figure out a way to export those link activity subscribers with more than just their email and clickthrus.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

The way Stormy is talking about, you wouldn't actually export a new list to send to, but set up a segment with everyone who clicked on that specific link in that campaign. Any time you need to send a campaign to everyone interested in info X, you just choose that segment as the recipients.

Bonus benefit: Even if someone clicks the link after you've started sending the info X campaigns, they'll still be in the segment the next time you send one - with no extra work.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098