How to view name personalization in Online version?

If I have the user's name, how would I get it to display in the online version?  It works in the email version, but obviously the online will just how the user id variable.  Any ideas?

redketchup, 8 years ago

I don't believe that's possible. Perhaps if you're using the API you could do that, but someone much smarter than myself would have to confirm.

I'd love to be able to have CM handle this as well.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

There is a good reason we remove custom field data from the web version guys. Basically, we remove the personalization and use the fallback terms you specified to ensure that personal customer information isn't exposed on the web. If someone links to that web version and it's indexed by Google, their personal information is out there for the world to see.

If you think that's not an issue and should work differently though, I'd love to hear it.

redketchup, 8 years ago

I reckon that makes some good sense. And I suppose using a robots.txt file to exclude those pages wouldn't be ideal (or make it completely safe?).

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

robots.txt works fine for well-behaved bots, but malicious ones (as oft used for data mining) can be less scrupulous. I think CM have a spot-on solution with the current process.

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098