How to setup a demo

Hi,
As suggested due to not being able to auto-setup new users, I have setup a demo account and sent a campaign.
Disabled list importing.

Now I cannot find how to stop demo users from changing things like passwords, deleting contacts, and all the other things that could cause problems.

Any help appreciated.

vince, 8 years ago

Anyone else setup a demo account and solved these things?
Thanks

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Vince, because you're only giving your potential new clients "client-level" access, they can't make any permanent or significant changes to your account. If you discover they've changed a password, etc, you can always jump into the admin account and correct that change.

It's not perfect, but it's also not very common for someone having a look around to mess with passwords, etc.

vince, 8 years ago

It must be a pain to maintain demo accounts being messed-up by users, as I cannot find anyone else here that does actually offer a demo login.

Can you guys provide some whitelable Flash demos ... pretty please? :-)

Thanks

g-wiz, 8 years ago

Vince, I can recommend getting a copy of Camtasia and knocking up some video walkthroughs
DIY Email Newsletter Service

Not terribly good, but not bad for 30 minutes work either I'd say.

style campaign style campaign, 8 years ago

Hi Vince,

I would like to put my vote behind a your demo request!

I set up a demo account a couple of days ago. I am not really happy with what I have come up with...I did not want to use a long list of real email addresses for obvious reasons. So I just used a few of my own email addresses....the results do not really mirror a real campaign. Also you want to show of the compare campaign feature and number of bounces ect this is a hassle to try to replicate.....

A video showing the reporting process and general CM features that we can use on our site is top of my list :) I will check out Camtasia in the meantime.

Hi g-wiz I just watched your video made with Camtasia and it works well...the Blue Peter reference made me smile....

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098