Gmail adding extra height to my table cells and driving me insane!

I'm having difficulties with Gmail that I don't recall ever having before. I've temporarily given up on the campaign I was trying to finalize for a client and am now just trying to isolate and resolve the problem.

If I place a 200x200 image in a 200x200 cell and then send to Gmail for some reason the cell gets expanded vertically by a few pixels. This is throwing everything off. Can some take a look and see if you can pin point what I''m doing wrong? I'm slowly but surely losing my mind. Even my most basic test fails.

I've place a blue square image inside a single cell that I've given a gray background color so that you can see the problem. The code and preview looks like this:

Looks fine but no matter what I do the Gmail email I get looks like this:

Any ideas? I feel like there must be something really simple that I'm forgetting or unaware of but I can't figure it out.

Thanks so much for any help.

dsafanda, 5 years ago

Ah ha! Guess I just didn't do enough searching. Here's the problem and solution summarized.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free