Formatting a multi-choice subscribe form

I have a client with a general list, and three specific, topical sub-lists. The code CM gives me is as follows:

<form action="http://allmoto.createsend.com/t/r/s/bjidrr/" method="post" id="subForm">
<div>
<label for="bjidrr-bjidrr">Email:</label><br /><input type="text" name="cm-bjidrr-bjidrr" id="bjidrr-bjidrr" /><br />
<input type="checkbox" name="cm-ol-mnhhh" id="AllmotoOFFROAD" /><label for="AllmotoOFFROAD">Allmoto OFF ROAD</label><br />
<input type="checkbox" name="cm-ol-mnhhy" id="AllmotoQUAD" /><label for="AllmotoQUAD">Allmoto QUAD</label><br />
<input type="checkbox" name="cm-ol-mnhht" id="AllmotoROAD" /><label for="AllmotoROAD">Allmoto ROAD</label><br />

<input type="submit" value="Subscribe" />
</div>
</form>

This results, naturally enough, in a list of checkbox options. However, what I want to do is convert those checkbox options to a select list. I understand the subscriber will only be able to pick one newsletter off the drop-down; I'm fine with that. The approach I'm trying is this:

<form action="http://allmoto.createsend.com/t/r/s/bjidrr/" method="post" id="subForm">
<div>
<label for="bjidrr-bjidrr">Email:</label><br /><input type="text" name="cm-bjidrr-bjidrr" id="bjidrr-bjidrr" /><br />
<select name="allmoto">
<option name="cm-ol-mnhhh" id="AllmotoOFFROAD" value="AllmotoOFFROAD">Allmoto OFF ROAD</option>
<option name="cm-ol-mnhhy" id="AllmotoQUAD" value="AllmotoQUAD">Allmoto QUAD</option>
<option name="cm-ol-mnhht" id="AllmotoROAD" value="AllmotoQUAD">Allmoto ROAD</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Subscribe" />
</div>
</form>

This, and every variation I've tried, subscribes the tester to the master list, but NOT to the chosen Off Road, Road or Quad list.

I have tried:

* Changing VALUE to the NAME variable
* Changing VALUE to ON
* Removing the name pair from the SELECT tag

This seems like it would be a reasonable thing to do, so I'm assuming I'm missing the obvious here. And help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SabrinaDent, 6 years ago

It is a reasonable thing to do but you can't actually do it with POST forms without JS. So I went with one master list with drop-down segmenting:

<div>
<label for="Interest">Interest:</label><br /><select name="cm-fo-uikikj">
<option value="1184464">ALL special offers</option>
<option value="1184448">QUAD specials</option>
<option value="1184449">ROAD specials</option>
<option value="1184450">OFF ROAD specials</option>
</select><br />

<input type="submit" class="button" value="Sign Up!" />
</div>
</form>

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098