Can you reorder the existing custom fields

It doesn't matter to me what the order is on the
Lists & Subscribers > ListName > Manage Custom Fields

But they show up in that order on the preference center, and there doesn't appear to be a way to reorder them.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

squarecandydesign, 5 years ago

I suppose you could export the list,  delete the fields, and recreate them in the right order and re-import... but I'm hoping to avoid that.

- P

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi squarecandydesign, unfortunately, recreating/reimporting the fields is what you'll have to do for now, I'm sorry to say. I've added your vote for this internally, so hopefully it's something we'll feature in a future release. I'll keep you posted as to how we go.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
squarecandydesign, 5 years ago

Thanks ros.

TTIB, 5 years ago

Yes this is really annoying when the 'boss' asks for more information to collect when a subscriber completes a subscription form. I have a lot of information and this takes forever to do!!! SO ADD MY VOTE TOO!!!

hcabbos, 5 years ago

Hi. This "wish" has been requested multiple times throughout the years. I think CM is awesome but this functionality is much needed. I appreciate all the efforts and features you guys have added throughout the last 24 months, but to overlook this functionality in lieu of social marketing and other gizmos just plain sucks. It doesn't seem like a big deal until a customer is confronted with loosing all data (removing custom fields to add them back again in the proper order). I stick with CM cause you guys do the basic foundational stuff well. But this is a big oversight.

VFHwebdev, 5 years ago

Add my vote for this feature too please.  This would be super helpful.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I've added all your votes for this. I totally agree that this would be a particularly useful change, so we'll continue to push for it internally.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free