ERROR PROCESSING: Acquiring or Issuing bank unavailable

I keep getting this error message.
I think this problem happened a few months ago bc I saw another thread about it.

Can you (Campaign Monitor) fix this ASAP so I can finish my newsletter?
I tried to use the contact form but it didn't work either.

jkmeier, 5 years ago

Having the same issue here -- tried multiple cards on different networks. Any guidance appreciated.

Jarrod Jarrod, 5 years ago

There was a couple of problems over the weekend with our payment gateway over the weekend for which we're sorry about. Luckily, these did not last too long and things returned to normal not too long after with payments being successfully processed. In this instance, there's nothing wrong with your cards, so hopefully you've been able to successfully send your campaigns since.

AidanC, 4 years ago

"Acquiring or Issuing bank unavailable" - is there some way you could add a transaction status to the billing page? It'd be really helpful if there was a thing that said "Some customers are experiencing difficulties with payment" or "No payment issues reported" - this would allow me to guess whether it is your payment gateway or my bank without having to get in touch.

processwhite, 4 years ago

I have missed two campaign slots today because of this payment error. I am seriously let down.

Secret Pie, 4 years ago

Hi, yeah, I'm getting the same error message.

Any info or updates will be gratefully received CM.

W1LC0, 4 years ago

Got reply about this issue:

Thanks for getting in touch.  Sorry to hear you are having issues.  We are looking into the issue right now and will let you know as soon as we have some more details for you.  But initial reports seem to indicate there are some intermittent problems with the payment gateway, some transactions are going though ok whilst others are failing.

We do apologies. In the meantime, could you just retry the payment in about 20 or 30 minutes and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for your help and patience."

steveharney, 4 years ago

Yeah I have the same thing. I will try again in 30 minutes and see what we get.

tgi, 4 years ago

I've also been having this problem all day today, I've tried waiting 20-30 mins and resending but the same problem occurs

janicebott, 4 years ago

I'm also having this problem. It's my first email campaign and I promised my client it would go out today, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

W1LC0, 4 years ago

Thanks for your patience.  We have just heard that the problem with the payment gateway has been resolved and all cards should be processed without error now.  Could you please just try again and let us know how you get on.

Our apologies for any delays caused with this issue.  If you do still have any issues, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for your help and patience.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi everyone, we're really sorry for dropping the ball here. As Jarrod mentioned, our payment gateway unexpectedly went down over the weekend for a period of time and we immediately got onto their case to have this issue resolved. It was highly frustrating for both customers and our team.

Payments should be going through normally now, but should there be anything that we can do to assist with your campaigns, don't hesitate to get in touch with our team. Our sincere apologies for what happened here - we'll do our best to respond to these issues as promptly as we can.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
willyatesuk, 3 years ago

We had a client campaign scheduled for broadcast this morning (Monday 15th at 10AM) but received an error email from you saying that there was an error with the payment gateway and the issuing bank could not be contacted.

Our campaign (as with many other user's campaigns, I'm sure) is time critical, so we need the system back up as soon as is possible.

Looking at the forums, this seems to be a recurring error. Please try to make the system more resilient in future.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there Willy, thank you for posting here, plus your message to our support team as well. It looks like Greg on our team responded a few hours ago and your campaigns should have gone out - sorry for the wait there.

For a little context, this thread is about 2 years old and the posts are in response to 3 incidents we've had in that time. While this is still not acceptable (and understandably, each has been highly annoying to customers), we're committed to working with our payment gateway provider to ensure whatever issues they have with individual banks has as little impact on our customers as possible. It's a tricky one, especially when outages like this are largely out of our control.

Thanks, Willy - we'll do our best to ensure issues like this are extremely rare and cause as little disruption as possible in the future, but please get in touch again if you see any further unusual behaviour in your account.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free