Do you develop Facebook Apps? We'd love to hear from you.

Hi folks, it's Ros from the Campaign Monitor team here. Straight up, since Facebook pulled the plug on FBML last month, we've been in a jam in regards to adding new subscribe forms to Facebook pages and personal profiles. So, we're looking for a coder with experience in developing Facebook Apps, to discuss the development of a subscribe form app that plays nice with Facebook and the Campaign Monitor API.

In short, we'd want the app to:

- allow customers to connect to their Campaign Monitor account and add new subscribers to an existing list
- allow custom fields to be added, like in the 'Fields to include' section of our 'Create a Subscribe Form' page
- be fairly straightforward to add as a 'tab' to profiles/pages
- once setup, display a generic, white-label subscribe form (we can help with the design on this step)

A nice to have would be:
- the option for folks to add their own custom welcome message (eg. 'Sign up for our monthly newsletter to receive the latest ABC Widgets news and offers')

Note that:
- You will be working with the Campaign Monitor API. Past experience will be highly regarded.
- We're language-agnostic about this one, however you may want to check out our API wrappers for good measure.

If this sounds like your kind of gig, get in touch with us. Naturally, good work won't go unrewarded, so we'd be keen to discuss how we can make this project worth your time and effort.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

This project is now underway. Thank you so much for your interest - we're looking forward to releasing the app in the coming weeks.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Alex D, 5 years ago

Hi Ros, I am also doing some Facebook app work that will integrate with Campaign Monitor via the API.

In my case the "app" is a custom app for the site owner, also the owner of the mailing list. We will use Facebook Connect as a method of connecting to our site with an optional check box for "Include me in future mailings" If this is checked we will use the API to add the person to our list.

I noticed that with the new "live opens" map, you some times display the facebook profile icon, I assume that you get this when the user clicks the "like on facebook" icons..

I would have to assume that CM stores this Facebook users Facebook "ID" in our list, in some hidden field so that you can get the users image.

My question is, is this field accessible in any way? In my signup process I will also save the users FB id into my CM list (and my own database) , But it would make more sense if this data was accessible since its already stored in my lists.

Cheers. Looking forward to seeing CM's Facebook App!

Alex Duffield - Owner
InControl Solutions

Hi Alex, thank you for letting me know about your Facebook app - that's really exciting! Will this be a public project, or specific to your client?

Just be a bit careful as to how you obtain permission via Facebook Connect, as we've had a couple of issues with folks getting confused about the difference between opting in to be contacted via the Facebook app, vs. opting in to a 3rd party mailing list. Take a look at this blog post for clarification.

I would have to assume that CM stores this Facebook users Facebook "ID" in our list, in some hidden field so that you can get the users image.

I'm not 100% certain that we store Facebook data along with individual subscriber info, but either way, it's not accessible via the API, I'm sorry to say. Quite likely you will have to populate your own database from scratch using info from Facebook Connect.

Thanks, Alex! Let us know if you have any questions about the above.

We're also on Facebook:
PaulS, 5 years ago

Hi Ros,

Any news on that app you were working on? We've had three enquiries for CM signup form integration with a Facebook fan gate app in the last week or so out of the blue.

Hi PaulS, it's still in the works, however we don't have a date set for its release, I'm sorry to say. I'll keep you posted on this one, but I wouldn't count on it being ready for at least another month or so. Sorry about the wait.

We're also on Facebook:
emedia, 5 years ago

I'm seriously eager to get signup forms on my clients Facebook pages.  MailChimp, iContact and others have been able to pull this off over the last year.  When is Campaign Monitor going to enable us to do this?

I've seen multiple posts on the topic with no updates from CM.

Hi Marc, thank you for your email earlier. For the benefit of others here, I'd like to mention that work on the Facebook app is definitely in progress and we're aiming to have it ready within the month. As soon as its been released, I'll be in touch to let you know all about it.

Thanks for all the requests, everyone - I'm really sorry that I haven't been managing expectations well on this one, but really hope the app will be worth the wait.

We're also on Facebook:
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi again, we've just released both a Campaign Monitor-branded and white-label Facebook app, which you can now add to your pages and customize.

Find out about the app on our blog
Add the Campaign Monitor subscribe form app
Add the white-label subscribe form app

Setting up either the Campaign Monitor or white-label app for your Facebook page takes less than 2 minutes. All you need is your Campaign Monitor account login details and a subscriber list. You can see the app in action on our Campaign Monitor Facebook page.

Naturally, we'd love to hear your feedback or answer any questions you may have, so keep in touch :D

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free