How to resend confirmation email

Hi, my confirmation emails (double opt-in) were not being receieved for some time by subscribers. Therefore I have a large number of uncomfirmed individuals. How do i resend the confirmation email?

Note: i have changed my settings to single opt in to get around the problem in the short term.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Bodhi McGee

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi Bodhi, welcome to the forums! At this stage, you can't resend the confirmation emails, I'm sorry to say. The reason for this is that it defeats the purpose of confirmed opt-in to a degree - the subscriber is being asked to confirm that they're happy to receive email from you, so sending them more email in the interim doesn't entirely sit right with that. For an earlier discussion on this, take a look at this forum thread.

Let me assure you that having some unconfirmed subscribers is normal - if you feel that there's an unusually high number of them, then by all means contact our support team with details and we'll look into your account.

That said, I'll add your vote to send a single confirmation reminder - we've had a couple of requests for this, so it may be something that we consider down the track.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Newsy, 4 years ago

I'm wondering what may be the likely causes of opt-in confirmation emails not being sent (received). We've just changed from single opt in to confirmed opt in, by changing 'Edit list name/type' to 'Confirmed opt in'. However, emails are not happening. Is there something else we need to do as well? ~ thanks!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there Newsy, just to clarify, both existing subscribers and new subscribers that are imported from a file don't get sent a confirmation email. This email is only sent if the subscriber signs up via a subscribe form or the API.

If these scenarios don't apply, there's a chance that the confirmation emails could be getting caught up in your internal mail server.

Thanks, Newsy - if you'd like us to take a look at your account, please get in touch and we'll do our best to find out what's going on here.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free