Cannot Send Campaign: Processor Not Available

We're trying to release a campaign but each time we submit credit card details the system is returning:

Sorry, the following errors occurred...
   1. Processing your credit card failed with the response: Processor not available

We've tried on and off for 45 minutes but no luck. Submitted a note to support but wanted to post here in case someone should be monitoring posts.

Thanks -

Mathew Mathew, 5 years ago

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the trouble, this is the payment processor maintenance window we posted about at

(this is also linked from an item in your account's activity feed). According to the provider it should be complete now, though a few people are still reporting problems. We've replied via support to everyone who has contacted us about this, but email again if you did not receive it.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
rox, 5 years ago

I am experiencing this problem again today; have been trying for close to an hour, 7-8 am GMT-10. Thanks in advance for looking into it!

Aloha, Rox

Diana Diana, 5 years ago

Hi Rox,

So sorry about the problem. The issue is specific to American Express at this time. It looks like an issue connecting to them (either on their end or our payment gateway's). If possible you might want to try another card type as other payments are going through.

If you need to send urgently and don't have another card type get in touch with support and we'll see what we can do.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Atomicdust, 5 years ago

Happening to me now, too. I sent an email to support to see if I can get some other way to send. We don't use anything but AMEX here.

rox, 5 years ago

Thanks Diana; I changed cards and it went through. Looking forward to getting back to AMEX!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free