Avoud verification-email in some cases

Hello,

I use the API for managing the newsletter receivers from our website. Whenever a person wants to subscribe the newsletter, I add him via Subscriber.AddAndResubscribeWithCustomFields. He gets his verification-email and by affirming it, he is on the list.

But in some cases I would like to avoid sending the verification-email. If the person is already a proven customer of us (e.g. when he is already logged in), this email is not necessary. Is this possible in any way?

(I do not want to create several receiver lists (one with verification, and one without) for managing those customers. because in this case I would have to synchronize two lists whenever a customer subscribes, updates or cancels his newsletter. Is there any better way?)

Regards, Thomas

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Thomas!
Unless the API is extended to include a single/double opt-in parameter, the best idea I can think of is to move the verification logic to your system. Far from ideal, but it's an option.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
mdissel, 8 years ago

+1 for this feature request!! It's also possible when doing an bulk import, so it should not be that hard to implement!!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098