Reusing content among different clients

We have about 20 standard emails we are using for clients to send to subscribers. The design of these emails will be slightly different to retain the branding of the client. And some of the content will be different like the name of the company when it appears within the email. But a majority of the email content will be the same.

How can we implement this with CM. Ideally, we create a template for the client to use - that handles the branding. And perhaps we create 20 of those templates - one for each of the emails we intend to use. The bulk of the content is included within the template and we could use a tag where we want to allow the client to enter customized text.

Is something like this possible?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi again lsilver, we have another customer who is doing something very similar to this for their clients, using editable templates in our editor. Take a look at our gallery entry for Duzz Marketing - it may provide you with some inspiration.

In essence, it sounds like you have this worked out. Yes, you will need to create separate email templates to reflect your individual clients' branding. Using our template tags, you can set editable regions in each of the templates. Once the templates are ready, import them into your clients' Campaign Monitor accounts and using the template editor, they should be able to customize text and images as desired.

Let us know if you have any questions about this - we're always happy to help out :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
gtnash, 5 years ago

Hello Both,

I think I'm trying to do something similar, we have circ 140 clients. each month we produce a customisable newsletter for them, this includes content that we upload but allow them to edit, images that we upload but they can change etc.

Currently we build tthis as a campaign in a demo account and then manually upload a new campaign for each of the clients (this can be a little time consuming as you can imagine)

I really want to find a way to automate the process, whilst maintaining the content that we have created for them, is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help as to how to do this...

Hi gtnash, you could potentially look at using our API to automate the template upload process. The good folks at Artesano have created an app for doing something similar - you may be interested in their approach :)

We're also on Facebook:
selectiveprints, 5 years ago

I just took over a company which has a Campaign Monitor account with a few customised templates.

The guy I bought the company from wants to retain the campaign monitor site, but Ive tried exporting and importing templates to a new CM account, but as well as the zipped file, it seems to be insisting on an html file as well, but only allows me to access the local drive.

Whatever I do, I get various error messages and it just doesnt work.

Hi selectiveprints, welcome to the forums! First up, after you have exported the templates as a zip file to your local drive, you only need to reimport the following two items in 'Add a new template':

The HTML page -> the template HTML file (eg. index.html)
All other files in zip format (optional) -> the zip file included in the export (eg.

You can safely ignore all other files in the export. If you zip up any of the other files (including the existing images .zip file) and try to import, there's a good chance you may get an error.

If the above doesn't work out, feel free to get in touch with our support team with a few more details in regards to the errors you're seeing - we'll be able to determine what's going on here. Thanks again!

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free