Synching VR Mail email templates in Salesforce with Campaign Monitor

We recently signed up for Campaign Monitor as a new way to send e-mails to leads because CM has a true nurturing process, unlike what we currently use - VR Email. However, there are templates in VR Email that we currently use to send emails to leads. I'm wondering if there's a way to synch these with Campaign Monitor, rather than having to copy and paste the html code and adjusting it to CM's html requirements. We also don't want to use the existing templates in CM to create new emails because they are in newsletter format, and we want to send emails to leads that look very personal.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi kineticd, it isn't possible to sync, or migrate email newsletter templates from one email marketing service to the next, I'm sorry to say. If you're planning to use our visual template editor, you will also have to edit the templates to include our template tags (which are undoubtedly different from the markup used in VR Email).

My advice is to export the templates in question from VR Email (if possible), alter them for use in Campaign Monitor, then manually re-import them into your Campaign Monitor account. If you require assistance with this, kindly get in touch with our support team. Alternately, we can try to put you in touch with a designer to help with this migration process.

Many thanks for making these first steps towards joining Campaign Monitor - we're very happy to have you on board.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free