Get list & campaign details from ClientID

Using the c-sharp & .NET API, how do I get a list of our email lists and campaigns from the ClientID? 

I was able to the client ID with this code:

List<BasicClient> clients = (List<BasicClient>)General.Clients();
            foreach (BasicClient c in clients)
                Console.WriteLine(string.Format("ID: {0}; Name: {1}", c.Name, c.ClientID));

However, nothing presents itself for getting other information.

jamesd jamesd, 5 years ago

Client.Lists, Client.Drafts, Client.Campaigns etc.

jamesd jamesd, 5 years ago

Hmm, it seems as though you are not using the latest version of the API, or the corresponding version of the .NET client library.

I would strongly recommend switching to using the current version of the API and the current version of the .NET client library.

northshore, 5 years ago

jamesd, Thanks for your post. I did check and I am using both the lastest API (v3) and .NET library (6/16/2011). 

I looked at the descriptions of Client.Lists and modified my code. 

string clientID = "a1a1a1a1a1";
            Client c = new Client(clientID);
            List<BasicList> list = (List<BasicList>)c.Lists();
            foreach (BasicList bl in list)
            Console.WriteLine(string.Format("ID: {0}; Name: {1}", bl.ListID, bl.Name));

It seems like I should get the Campaign Monitor lists from the ClientID, but that is not the case.  Instead, I am getting the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'createsend_dotnet.BasicList[]' to type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[createsend_dotnet.BasicList]'."

How can I get the lists based on the ClientID?

northshore, 5 years ago

Found the problem: I used
List<BasicList> list = (List<BasicList>)c.Lists();

when I should have used
IEnumerable<BasicList> list = c.Lists();

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free