System was unresponsive

About 20 minutes ago, I got an urgent email from one of my clients saying the system was unresponsive. I logged in and it was VERY sluggish. It took about 15 minutes for this to clear up. Any ideas on this? Seems to be fine now.

ecodigitaldelivery, 5 years ago

Update: Still unresponsive!

Besides the email address going to, the below error shows. Ya, I'm out of business, just read the sign. Help?

We've encountered an error
It looks like the page you're after does not exist. You may have mistyped the URL, or something has gone pear-shaped on our end.

What should I do now?

Double-check the URL to make sure it's correct
Go back to the previous page and try what you were doing again
If you have any questions or continue to run into problems, let us know.

Ok, so I finally got with it and followed the twitter link... found the answer!

System is down (database issue), got it. Checking twitter frequently now. Thanks CM!!!

Diana Diana, 5 years ago

Sorry for the delayed reply. Everything is good now and the issues (somewhat ironically) were due to some changes we've been making to increase our capacity and reliability. Luckily it also helped illuminate some ways to diagnose problems like this much faster, so downtime should be reduced.

We always post immediate updates on Twitter (as you saw), but we'll do better about getting them here as well!

If you have any questions just let us know.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free