HELP! Trusted Site warnings in IE?

HI.

Just in the last two days I have been receiving complaints about a warning recipients have been getting.

I am setting up the email by uploading an html via a url on our server. When it is sent createsend changes all the urls. IE users click a link in their email and get a security warning popping up saying the site is not trusted.  If they click this warning twice (it pops up again after you say yes) the link loads...though slowly.

We have never had this issue before and it is concerning us because most users are very leary on clicking yes when they are visiting a site linked to from an email.

Havent had a problem with Firefox (mac and PC) or Safari.

Is there a way to control the way Createsend makes those redirects? Or is there a way to have createsend NOT change the urls. Is there a way I should be coding it so they stick to the correct links?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi eaglegrl, this is a very curious situation - could you kindly let us know which email client(s) you are experiencing this in? It's odd that it should have started happening all of a sudden, as we haven't made any changes to the way we wrap up our links.

Is there a way to control the way Createsend makes those redirects? Or is there a way to have createsend NOT change the urls.

You can disable link tracking with the cm_dontconvertlink tag, which will also mean that your links won't be changed. The obvious downside of this is that these links will not display in your campaign reports. For this reason, it's probably best that we work to get to the bottom of why these security warnings are triggering, over applying this tag to all your links.

Thanks again, eaglegrl - if you would prefer, you can get in touch with our support team with details and we'll happily look at your campaign and account as well.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098