Retaining web links when copying and pasting

Hi... I used to be able to copy and paste items which I carry over from week to week and have all the clickable web links be retained. I can't seem to find a way to make that work with the new version.  I have tried changing browsers, tried copying the source code, etc but nothing seems to work. Re-attaching the web links to my information chews up a huge amount of time, and  not being able to make this work conveniently is somewhat frustrating.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi robert.cooney, welcome to the forums. It is true that when you paste rich text into the WYSIWYG editor, all formatting and links for that matter are removed. It's unusual that copying the source code and pasting it into the Source view in the WYSIWYG editor isn't working - would you be able to kindly contact our support team with a your account details and a sample of the code you're pasting from week to week? We'd be keen to see how we can improve this process.

In the interim, I'll add a feature request for rich text support in the editor and keep you posted if it's something we reinstate. Sorry about the extra work we've created for you here.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free