Can recipients OPT to view text-only version (or can we create link)?

I believe that the email client decides whether to use either the HTML or the plain-text version of each email we send. But what if a recipient has an HTML-capable client but prefers to receive the plain-text version instead? If it's not possible for them to decide in their preferences, is there a public link we can provide to the plain-text version?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi drdada, welcome to the forums! At this point, it isn't possible to link to the plain-text version of a campaign, I'm sorry to say. If the recipient would prefer to receive a plain-text version, it's often possible for them to set this preference in their email client itself (assuming that you mean subscriber preferences here). If you're keen to send both HTML and plain text, I'd recommend creating a segment for subscribers with this preference and sending two campaigns - one HTML, one plain-text.

As we send our emails as multipart messages (HTML and plain-text, rolled in one), I'd probably side with encouraging this subscriber to adjust their email client to display plain-text only. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free