Can't get Yahoo! Mail to use my font

Hi all,

I've been trying for ages now to get a fix in place for Yahoo! Mail overriding font's that I'm declaring.  No matter what I try, it keeps defaulting back to "font-family: Arial.....".

I'm using Lucida and have declared it within the head/style section like so:

body { font-family: 'Lucida Sans', 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', sans-serif !important; }

I have also used inline CSS and every <td> that has text throughout the email has this font style applied.

I've been an email designer/developer for a few years now and have managed to overcome most probs and put fixes in place but this one is kickin' my ass!

Also, this works fine in everything else, just Yahoo! Mail which is the prob.

Any help would be much appreciated.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi GarryAylott, the problem could be that Yahoo! is stripping your <body> tags - generally fonts work fine in Yahoo! Mail when applied to <p> tags and the like.

You might want to try simply p { font-family: 'Lucida Sans'... } or at worst, try wrapping the text in question with <span> tags and applying classes to those (if you don't want to use para tags). Another possibility is that Yahoo! may not be a fan of the Lucida font family (going on a limb here), so you may want to experiment with a more common web font and see if you have better luck.

Let us know how you go :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free