Uploading template fails

I'm having the same problem as someone else a few days ago. Every time I upload a changed template, no change is reflected. I have tried different compression programs, and no luck. I'm using a Mac, and everyone who works on the same account has a PC, and uploading templates is no issue for them, so suspect this might have some bearing but not sure what. I have a firewall turned on, but that is to protect against incoming, not outgoing. Any clues anyone?

oneblackcrayon oneblackcrayon, 5 years ago

Hi mintjelly!
You can try the following:
Use a different browser.
Clear your current browser's cache.
Rename the email template (templatev2.html, templatev3.html)

Let me know if any of these helps.

mintjelly, 5 years ago

Hey Frederick,
I should have mentioned that I had already cleared caches and tried two different browsers - Safari and FF. It is a strange situation. I just tried your suggestion to rename the template. Since the two upload suggestions are either to upload the 'replacement html page' or a zip file, I renamed the index.html to templatev2.html and uploaded that. This resulted in a warning message that the zipped image folder couldn't be found. However the changes I had made to the .html did show in the preview. I hadn't actually made any changes to the images anyway. Uploading a zip of the template still fails to work for me. Since I have further work to do with templates, this is very inconvenient and I still believe must be some kind of Mac related issue. Is there someone here from Campaign who can look into this?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi mintjelly, could you kindly email support [at] campaignmonitor.com with your zipped file, as well as account and template details? We'll try importing the file from our end and see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. Sorry about this odd behaviour - I hope we can help out!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free