Cloaked links fail for clients

This is probably quite easy to resolve, but: we've now had reports from two of our clients saying that links to their own domain don't resolve while they are at work (i.e. using a computer with an IP from within the linked domain).

Is this something that can be changed from our side, maybe by (finally) implementing the SPF, Sender ID and DomainKeys/DKIM voodoo described in your help pages? Or is there a setting or two that we can tell our clients' IT dept. to include in the DNS settings and/or security settings?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi philby, this is very curious. By all means we recommend setting up DomainKeys etc, if only to improve deliverability. In regards to the cloaked links though, I have a hunch that it may have something to do with your clients' network settings.

Does this happen to other cloaked links (eg. from URL shorteners like, or just our links?

I'd say try again shortly and if your clients are still experiencing timeouts, please contact our support team with account details and any observations. Our tech team may have a few suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free