dot mac bounces

After two years as a very satisfied CM customer, I've been having a very frustrating time this week with dotmac addresses bouncing back. Something has changed because this wasn't a problem for our last newsletter in Feb.

On Tuesday I sent a newsletter out and got a soft bounce from all of our dotmac subscribers.

after chasing it up with dotmac admin, they replied:
In order to protect the .Mac subscribers from receiving the spam from other domain, We have highly automated Anti-spam solution in place. Based on the number and type of messages it receiving from a particular IP Address, it enforces an auto-block of the IP Address.

We have removed the block now and so you should not be facing this problem now.

So on Thursday, I sent the same newsletter out to the bounced dotmac subscribers. 66% soft bounced back.

Another email to dotmac admin but no response this time. So I decide to take a chance and today sent out the same newsletter to the bounced subscribers from Thursday.

Today, 67% bounced back... At this rate, it could be weeks until all our dotmac subscribers actually receive the newsletter dated March :-)

Anyone else seeing similar problems?

agami agami, 8 years ago

I'm having the same problem as Martin - I use my .mac account as a test bed for Outlook and I haven't been able to receive anything on that account from CM.

Any idea what's up guys?

Brandon Carson  •  Agami Creative
p: 503.852.1748  •  p/f: 888.317.8382
Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Thanks guys,

It does not appear to be a consistent blocking or filtering that is happening, as most emails across all our customers are getting through fine to .Mac addresses. We're following up with Apple as to why certain emails are being bounced, and we'll let you know once we have more information.

From our side we have not made any changes to the way we send, so it's a tough one to diagnose.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Guys, I just wanted to follow up to say we just received confirmation from the .MAC team that the partial block has been lifted and you shouldn't have any delivery issues moving forward. Thanks for your patience as we sorted this one out.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free