Anyone using senderID or domain keys with Planetdomain hosting/dns?

I'd like to implement the senderID functions but the examples dont appear to cover anything similar to tht provided for DNS management with Planetdomain. Anyone got any experience with it?

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Damien, while I haven't got experience with Planetdomain directly, I've seen my fair share of DNS interfaces. If you want to put up some screens I'm sure I can help out. if not, it might be worth firing them a quick support email to make sure you have the ability to add new TXT records to your DNS. Unfortunately some hosts (such as MediaTemple) don't offer that kind of customization right now.

damienbuckley damienbuckley, 9 years ago

Nope, they dont - see reply from support;

"We currently do not support your request for senderID.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us ."

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Yeah, it's a frustrating fact that some hosts and DNS providers still haven't embraced authentication. It's actually quite easy to host your DNS separately from your web host so you can add these records, which we'll writing about a little more in the blog next week. Still, it's a hassle you shouldn't have to go through. Thanks for the update.

damienbuckley damienbuckley, 6 years ago

Planetdomain have added Email Authentication into their accelerated cPanel but its somewhat different to the other examples. Is anyone able to shed light on if this can be set up now?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098