Hotmail declares war on graymail

Looks like they're offering their own unsubscribe feature for newsletters after they have been identified as such by their users.

I have a question about this bit -- The 'One-click unsubscribe' feature will 'let the site know to stop mailing you'.

How will they lest us know? By bouncing the email?

I'm not entirely sure this is a concern or not :)

oneblackcrayon oneblackcrayon, 5 years ago

Interesting read and feature that Hotmail is implementing. Thanks for sharing the link!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi architxt, a second thanks for sharing this link. We'll be looking into this in the coming week and may even publish something in our blog once we have a bit of info to contribute to the topic.

Note that the headers in email sent via Campaign Monitor include a List-Unsubscribe: <http://unsub.createsend....> field - my first guess is that Hotmail simply uses this link to unsubscribe the recipient from the email list. Other services have done this in the past and I'll assume it will just show up as an unsubscribe in your reports.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free