A couple of my templates never seem to generate a screenshot when I update them and just seem to hang.
I usually just work around it but is there a particular reason why this would happen?
Sorry about the slow reply! There was an issue with generating screenshots yesterday but everything should be working now. Let us know if you're still having any problems.
Thanks Diana, much appreciated!
today is maybe the same problem.
If i update my template, i see screenshot of old template, not new. If i create a new template from my file, then i view only "Generating screenshot" message. If i refresh page, then i see nothing instead screenshot of template.
Hi dedra, welcome to the forums. If your screenshots are still not generating, could you kindly contact our support team with your account and client details? We'll take a look at why this is happening and work towards a fix. Sorry about this!
Hi Rosanne, about some time ago all is okay and now screenshots generated.
But i have one notice for you. We are a company from Czech Republic, then we use UTF-8 encodings and many characters with acute and caron accents. In generated screenshots, many of these characters are generated as two-letter characters - like non-UTF-8 encoding, maybe in addition in western code page. In example, please look to screenshot at https://img.createsend1.com/static/ts/r/94/EF4/DCE/94EF4DCE.jpg . You can see in word "měsíc" letters "Ä›" instead "ě" (e with caron), letter "í" (i with acute) is generated correctly, because is in used character table. Can you extend your scripts (or software), to use a true UTF-8 encoding for generate screenshots?
Edit: In header section in all templates we have these two lines:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
Hi dedra, which email clients are you seeing this in, when previewing results in the design and spam tests? It may be an issue with the actual email clients, which may well be stripping out/ignoring the meta tags.
We've previously had issues with Hotmail using iso-8859-1 encoding, which as you can imagine, plays havoc with UTF-8 encoded campaigns.
When I try to update a template the preview also doesn't generate. When I click on it to see if I can view a preview, the images don't display - I just see the broken link symbol. Then when I try to use my template, I see that none of the images have uploaded, even though I've zipped them correctly and it used to work fine before.
... which email clients are you seeing this in ...
Hi Rosanne, not email clients, not testing.
If i update my template, then screenshot is genarate and show like this: https://img.createsend1.com/static/ts/r/94/EF4/DCE/94EF4DCE.jpg - non-UTF-8 (look at it). All other, like preview, create, send and receive it on clients are OK (by client used software and/or web portal). Only screenshots on Templates (or change / select template) page. Then it's a notice for you only. Even if i update / edit some word in template and sentence is from left to right margin with minimal space on left and right, then screenshot generate this sentence to two lines instead one, because instead one character in UTF-8 are two characters and sentence is longer. That's all.
For testing we use temporary created accounts on main web portals, on which our customers are or virtual machines with main clients, which our customers use. Not dealing these - all our templates / newsletters have webversion link.
@Ejduff - if this is still happening for you, could you kindly email your template and account details to support [at] campaignmonitor.com? We'll look at why this is occurring for you and work together on a fix.
@dedra, so sorry for the misunderstanding there, now I see that it's an issue on our end. I'll take note of this internally and let you know if we get this fixed. Thank you for these details and for your patience with me :)
I uploaded templates for a couple of my clients yesterday and this morning the screenshot has still not generated for most of them. This will make it very hard for my clients to select a template.
ebarfield, about 5 minutes ago I update my template and all seems to be OK.
Screenshots still not in UTF-8 as I wrote before, but I have to get used. ;-)
Hi ebarfield, if you're still having issues with the template screenshots, kindly contact our team with details. We'll certainly look into this on our end, as it's really less than ideal!
From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.Get started for free