Complex import into autoresponder series

I am in the midst of transferring everything from Aweber to Campaign Monitor (hurray....!).

However, I have several hundred people in an autoresponder series in Aweber and I want to import them into Campaign Monitor so that they are in the right place in the series.Some are on week 1, others on week 17 etc etc. I want them to get the next email in the series according to where they are in Aweber at the moment. In other words a seamless transfer to the same autoresponder series in Campaign Monitor. Each subscriber just gets the next relevant email in their series.

How do I do that?

If it can't be done that's a serious omission...!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi Graham, thanks for coming on over :) While there isn't a 'seamless' way to migrate subscribers from Aweber to Campaign Monitor (they'd be pretty unhappy if we did that!), it sounds like what you need to do here is fairly straightforward. Here are the steps as I see them:

- Create a subscriber list in your Campaign Monitor account and a date-based custom field, 'Start date' (this is what we'll be basing the new autoresponders on)

- Export your existing subscriber details with a column featuring 'Start date' values

- Import this list into the new Campaign Monitor subscriber list and match the 'Start date' column to the 'Start date' custom field

- Re-create the existing autoresponder series in your new Campaign Monitor subscriber list, with emails being sent based on 'The exact match of a date... Use this date: Start date' (here's what this looks like). You should be able to set up the weekly emails, based on '1 week after Start date', '5 weeks after Start date' etc.

- Rock and roll

This may take a little time to setup depending on how many autoresponder emails you have, but they will start sending like clockwork - you most certainly won't have to start everyone from scratch. Let me know if you have any questions about this process, we'd be more than keen to help. Once again, welcome aboard! :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free