Subscriber.Update - feature request

Hi there,

I'm currently overhauling a client's website with a much tighter integration with CM using your API.  Something that I would like to use is your Segments feature to target customers that spend over a certain amount of money.

I can capture this information into a Custom Field no problem (Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields) at the time the customer registers, BUT ideally I'd like to be able to update the Subscriber's record at a later date when they make a purchase, to store the amount they have spent overall (I would send the cummulative amount over so no calculations required at the CM end).

So, my question is, do you have any plans to provide an update function within the API?

It would be really, REALLY handy!

Many thanks,

Jason Jason, 9 years ago

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your post.

You can actually do this already, using the .AddWithCustomFields method. If you pass through the email address as before, but with the new value for the custom field, it will simply get updated with the new data.

You will need to make sure all custom field data is passed through again however, as the entire record is updated with the values sent.

Hope this helps.

nickcarpenter, 9 years ago

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I had considered doing as you suggest already, but I'm guessing that it will update the subscribed date to the date of the update.  Is that correct?

Ideally, I would like to leave the original subscribe date in place.

Jason Jason, 9 years ago

Hey Nick,

You'll be happy to know, if the subscriber already exists in that list, their details will be updated, but the Date Subscribed will be left as is.

t.puppe, 8 years ago

If you update a subscriber's data via Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields - will this send an op-in-email?

Regards, Thomas

Jason Jason, 8 years ago

Hi Thomas,

If the subscriber is currently active within the list, they will not be resent the opt-in email. However, if they are inactive, and you are using the AddAndResubscribe method, they will be resent the confirmation email.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free