Working on an email skeleton... suggestions?

I am currently working on an email skeleton that would work in most email clients (web & desktop).  Would like suggestions for things to include and exclude. Important: that this skeleton will not contain too much in the way of layout but more of a jumping off for making your own email template with just basic support for fonts, colors, images via CSS.

Would anyone even be interested in this?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey Frederick! Sounds excellent - you may want to check out the HTML Email Boilerplate first, as they've taken a pretty good jab at creating a template with a whole bunch of fixes, but only the basics in terms of design and layout. Love to hear your feedback on it, especially if you go on to create an improved v2.0! :D

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
oneblackcrayon oneblackcrayon, 4 years ago

Hi Ros!
The email boilerplate is great but there are somethings I think it misses. But, as being just that, a boilerplate, they chose not to include things such as universal styles for ul, ol & dl tags, or acceptable styling for paragraph and header tags for all clients.

I'm still doing some work but once I get something that is worth testing I will send it your way. :-)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free