API and Autoresponder

Does the API support creation of autoresponders (meaning can the setup of autoresponders be configured in my app)?

Phil Phil, 5 years ago

Hi Inewcomer,

At this stage no it doesn't, but we'll record your vote for developing this feature.

Phil

marcel, 5 years ago

Please count my vote too

jordanwalker, 5 years ago

Count my vote as well. We are setting up 32 uniquely branded campaigns through a CodeIgniter wrapper that I extended. We're also setting up autoresponders for each of those unique brands for 4 weeks - total of 128 autoresponders :-) Would love to abstract this process.

Diana Diana, 5 years ago

Hi Jordan,

That's a lot of autoresponders! I've added in your vote as well.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
patricebellan patricebellan, 4 years ago

You can add my vote as well :)

bionic, 4 years ago

100 votes for me and my clients!  ;)

tmldev, 4 years ago

+1 from me

tobyb tobyb, 4 years ago

Hi guys,

I've added your votes. Thanks for the feedback.

businessboom, 4 years ago

YES this is my vote. I own a large digital agency and find this a large request from my clients.

What is the point of integrating API data if it does not trigger Autoresponders. 

That is the main reason why we use email marketing programs like this in the first place.

Such a bad limitation I am so close to using Get Response which does this plus many other programs that will trigger auto responders on API integration.

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi businessboom,

Apologies if you've misunderstood the nature of this thread, but subscriber imports and updates through the api very definitely do integrate with your autoresponders. There are two cases:
1. Both the add and update routes support all autoresponders by default
2. When importing many subscribers all autoresponders associated with custom fields are automatically triggered. Subscription-date based ones aren't, although setting QueueSubscriptionBasedAutoResponders to true in the import data object will enable those also. This information is in the documentation.

The OP in this thread is asking for "setup of autoresponders" through the API, which is a feature we haven't supported yet.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098