Date tag issues in subscription confirmation email

I've uploaded a template for the subscription confirmation email and am having some problems with the date tags.
What I am trying to achieve is: November 2011
If I use

<currentmonthname> <currentyear>

the tags do not resolve and when I view source it appears as

If I use

<currentmonthname></currentmonthname> <currentyear></currentyear>

the tags appear as

<currentmonthname></currentmonthname> <currentyear></currentyear>

but they still do not resolve.

All other images and personalisation tags are appearing and resolving correctly.

Any help gratefully received.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi tamper, this is very unusual - in theory your first example should work (ie. <currentmonthname> <currentyear>). Could you kindly contact our support team with campaign details so we can see why this is happening for you? My first guess is that there may be something in the code that may be causing it to not parse properly.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
tamper, 4 years ago

Thanks Ros, that is now done.

mwentz, 3 years ago

I had the same issue.

In my case I had <singleline><currentmonthname>&nbsp;<currentyear></singleline> in my html template file and it was resolving incorrectly.

I changed it to <multiline><currentmonthname>&nbsp;<currentyear></multiline> and that fixed the issue.

Not sure what the issue is, but it would be nice to hear what is behind this bug to help everybody know what use cases may not work.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free