Can I have a layout tag within a layout tag?

I have an email template that will have the options of using 4 sections (layouts): PRODUCT, PROMOTION, EVENTS, and PRICING. All four will not always be used.

I would like to have the option to add up to 4 different layouts in PRODUCT: Product with image, Product without image, NEW Product with image, NEW Product without image.

I will also want to be able to add another layout in EVENTS for each event. These should all be the same layout though.

Do I need to have the the top 4 sections be layout tags? And then, would I have to add 4 layout tags within PRODUCTS and another layout tag within EVENTS?

Thanks...

-Omar

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi Omar, good to meet you! At present, it isn't possible to nest your layouts/repeaters in this way, instead you will have to use separate layouts for 'Product > With image', 'Product > New with image' etc. In this case, it may result in lots of different layouts, but that's the best way to do it for now.

Down the track, we may introduce nested layouts, or 'sub-layouts', so I'll note your interest and keep you posted if it's something we add.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
JulesWebb JulesWebb, 2 years ago

Hi roshodgekiss,

Did sub-layouts ever make the "to do" list?

Cheers!
Jules

karoly, 1 year ago

Same question

JulesWebb :

Hi roshodgekiss,

Did sub-layouts ever make the "to do" list?

Cheers!
Jules

they will be really interesing, at least 1 sublayout level.

Bye!
Karoly

dedra dedra, 1 year ago

I can imagine 1 sublayout level, but maybe will be a little problematic change order between it. But sublayout level can be moved within his layout only and not change from one layout to another. Main layouts can be changed order as at present.

Even in simplicity is power.

I vote for add 1 sublayout level.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098