Phone number in e-newsletter changed to white colour on iPad.

Hello,

Does anyone know this, we just found out when you view e-newsletter on iPad or iPhone, all the phone number is displayed in white even we have a colour property set as a different colour, any idea how we could set the phone number to be and always to be in colour rather than change to white on iPad?

Here is a examples:

https://limecreative.createsend.com/reports/viewCampaign.aspx?ID=F123510E015E4F14

So the phone number: 07976 897 412 is set as green colour, but when you see it on iPad, it's automatically changed to white.

my contact email is: lei@limecreative.com

Many thanks.

Best regards.

Lei
lei@limecreative.com

davidaf davidaf, 5 years ago

Hi Lei,

I did send detailed instructions to you about how to fix this to your email, but here is the general answer for others who may be experiencing something similar.

The problem is that the mobile iOS apparently automatically adds a link to phone numbers so that they can be clicked and added to your contacts or whatever actions may be available to phone number from the device's OS.

In your body tag, you have

<body bgcolor="#ec098e" link="#FFFFFF" vlink="#FFFFFF" alink="#FFFFFF">

So it was turning the linked phone number white. Once I removed the ' link="#FFFFFF" vlink="#FFFFFF" alink="#FFFFFF" ' part from the body tag, the link turned standard link blue.

From that point, you can use CSS styling to target the phone number, treating it like a link to get the color you want.

To clarify, the problem only happened when viewing the webversion in Safari on iPad and iPhone, it did not happen in the native mail app. Something to keep in mind when testing on iOS devices is to check the webversion as well!

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098