"Confirmation" and "Unsubscribe" URL seems short

What I am trying to do.
1. Create a new list
2. Update and existing list

The "Confirmation" and "Unsubscribe" URL seems short (only 45 characters)
Somehow, I can't create create URLs that are longer than 45 characters.

Are the "Confirmation" and "Unsubscribe" URLs intentionally short or am I making an error ?

marcel, 4 years ago

This is happening within the API.  If the URL is longer than 45 characters, nothing is saved.

marcel, 4 years ago

I was able to save the long field within  the createsend mailing list... but when I download the data via the API, the Confirmation URL field with the excessively long URL is empty.

Example array with missing Confirmation URL
Array ( [anyType] => Array ( [ListID] => 564mf84jf984jmnf94mf94kf94k4 [Title] => Example LIST TITLE [UnsubscribePage] => example.com/u.php [ConfirmOptIn] => false ) )

Example Error
<br /> <b>Notice</b>:  Undefined variable: confirmationsuccesspage in <b>C:\AppServ\www\lists.php</b> on line <b>184</b><br />

tobyb tobyb, 4 years ago

Hi Marcel,

It sounds like something's not behaving as expected there. The actual limits on those fields are:
Unsubscribe: 250 chars
Confirmation: 150 chars

Can you get in touch with support at campaignmonitor.com, including your API Key and the code surrounding your API call and we'll take a look at what's happening here.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free