"Confirmation" and "Unsubscribe" URL seems short

What I am trying to do.
1. Create a new list
2. Update and existing list

Problem
The "Confirmation" and "Unsubscribe" URL seems short (only 45 characters)
Somehow, I can't create create URLs that are longer than 45 characters.

Are the "Confirmation" and "Unsubscribe" URLs intentionally short or am I making an error ?

marcel, 4 years ago

This is happening within the API.  If the URL is longer than 45 characters, nothing is saved.

marcel, 4 years ago

I was able to save the long field within  the createsend mailing list... but when I download the data via the API, the Confirmation URL field with the excessively long URL is empty.

Example array with missing Confirmation URL
Array ( [anyType] => Array ( [ListID] => 564mf84jf984jmnf94mf94kf94k4 [Title] => Example LIST TITLE [UnsubscribePage] => example.com/u.php [ConfirmOptIn] => false ) )

Example Error
<br /> <b>Notice</b>:  Undefined variable: confirmationsuccesspage in <b>C:\AppServ\www\lists.php</b> on line <b>184</b><br />

tobyb tobyb, 4 years ago

Hi Marcel,

It sounds like something's not behaving as expected there. The actual limits on those fields are:
Unsubscribe: 250 chars
Confirmation: 150 chars

Can you get in touch with support at campaignmonitor.com, including your API Key and the code surrounding your API call and we'll take a look at what's happening here.

Thanks,
Toby

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098