Forward to a friend link for use on landing page

I'm looking to get the 'forward to a friend' link for a Christmas campaign and embed it on a landing page of that campaign. Is there a way for me to get that link before sending the campaign? Perhaps from the preview version?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section - I decided here rather than 'Troubleshooting' was best.

Stig Stig, 6 years ago

Hi,

As mentioned in the reply to your email, the Forward to a Friend can't be used outside of the standard <forwardtoafriend> tag unfortunately. We'd love to hear any throughs you have on how you'd like to customize the Forward to a Friend page though, as per the email.

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
antanova, 6 years ago

So, really, I can use it as planned, but will have the inconvenience of waiting for the campaign to be sent before I have the correct URL.

I will copy the URL from the campaign, and paste it into the link on my landing page.

Thanks anyway - perhaps now might be the time to introduce widget code for a FTAF form or the FTAF link so it can be used more easily in the way I'm aiming to use it.

Web design Watford, UK by Antanova.
Diana Diana, 6 years ago

Hi,

The forward link is actually specific to a single recipient, it isn't a global one that you can use outside of the system. So I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to paste the link onto an external page.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
antanova, 6 years ago

Hmmm, OK, I see. I'll have to think this one through...

antanova, 6 years ago

Right, I've had a think, and I think I have a workable solution that keeps the integrity of the per-subscriber links and also allows me to insert the link I want into my landing page.

Is this something you're OK with me posting here if I test it successfully?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

By all means, post away antanova - we'd be keen to see the solution you have in mind :D

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free