Dynamic From field and sender email address?

Our client wants us to send the same email to ~100 different lists (or segments). Part of the reason they want to send so many is that each one will have a different From name and sender email. Is there any way to fill those in dynamically, from a list or outside data source. Sending 100 emails is going to be a real PITA and I'm looking for any way I can make this less tedious.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi Tenrec, one option is to use the API to automatically generate these campaigns, as it isn't possible to automatically pull in a sender name and email address via the app, I'm sorry to say. Happy to add your vote for this functionality, but I don't expect it's something we'll be adding to our service in the near future.

The better option is to create a single campaign with a 'Contact [clientsname] at [clientsemail]' personalized call-to-action using custom fields and have all direct replies sent to, and sorted from a single, generic email address. This means that the individual sender email addresses don't have to receive the out-of-office replies and debris that follows a send. It's also easier from a setup point of view, meaning more time at the bar on a Friday, instead of manually creating campaigns ad infinitum.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Tenrec, 4 years ago

Thanks, Ros. If I had more time I'd go the API route. My developers are all booked up at the moment. The other option, the 'Contact [clientsname] at [clientsemail]' is also a good idea, but I don't think I can get the client to go for it. They aren't creating the campaigns, they are having us do it, so our time at the bar won't be a persuasive argument, I don't think. Maybe cost will, because it'll probably be well over 100 campaigns.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098